Wednesday, August 5, 2009

From Hanny 7-24-09

Hi Christene,
I hope your family is doing well. I got your letter today and I am so happy to hear from you. Thanks for sharing our family news. You are working hard, you will get our reward.
Here at Lackland, it is 100 degrees everyday. I am sweating all the time. I have a web belt with a canteen around my waist everyday for hydration. I am drinking close to 7 or 8 canteens per day. I have never drank so much in my life. When I pee, its color is so clear, but I have to pee a lot too, which sometimes is annoying.
There are 50 flight members in our dorm. I am part of the laundry crew. Everyday I have to collect all 50 members laundry. That's a lot. Some days I spend the whole day in the laundry room where it's so hot. I study a lot, I think a lot about my family, about my future in the Air Force. I have to give instructions as far as laundry goes: separate whites from darks. I still found some who mix their clothes, so I told them loud and clear, "I will no longer do your laundry if you do not follow my instructions." Since then, I have no more problems with it. What a relief! The majority of them are right out of high school. I get along with them all. They do respect me for not swearing.
I am in 3rd week of training and it's getting better and better. If you don't have discipline, you are wasting your time at Basic Training (BT). I shower in less than 1 minute, eat in about 3-4 minutes. I basically just swallow my food. I am getting tired of this. But I only have 5 weeks of training and I am out of here.
Amy wrote me, she will fly to visit me along with the kids. I am so excited to see them soon. I miss them so much. Physically I am doing fine, my right knee doesn't bother me anymore. Emotionally I struggle sometimes because I am away from my dear Amy. I realized that when I serve my "wingmen" by helping do their laundry or folding their clothes or anything, then I feel at peace. I know my family is being taken care of. When I am in the service of my fellowmen, I am serving God the Father. I feel good about it. I've got to go to bed.
Kiss all your kids for me and your husband,
Love you,
Hanny

No comments:

Post a Comment