Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hanny surprised me with a phone call Tuesday afternoon. I guess he got a special privilege 10 min phone call to thank him for always volunteering to stay behind at meal times and guard the dorm (or something like that-it's hard to decipher all the military acronyms). He leaves for BEAST mini-deployment next week, so their T.I. is giving them "base liberty" on Saturday. That means he gets to have freedom on the base for a certain amount of time, I don't know how long, but he said he's looking forward to a longer phone call. It would be nice for the kids to have a chance to talk to him. It's been more than 5 weeks already since they said goodbye. Anyway, he was more relaxed than he's been so far, and it didn't feel as rushed as usual, so it was the first normal conversation we've had in over a month. It was so nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment