Monday, August 3, 2009

Hanny on Monday 7/20/09

Bonjour ma cherie,

My TI doesn't read personal letters unless it is a postcard. You can tell me anything you want. DO NOT SEND ME ANY SINGING POSTCARDS. If you do, he will make me dance in the dining facility in front of everybody. Anyhow, I was happy to hear your voice when I called you last Sunday. I miss you a lot too. I did not know I couldn't kiss more than 2 sec while on base. I miss the kids too. Tell them to draw pictures for me; I feel closer to them.
I am part of the laundry crew. Some of my wing-men ask me to roll their sand T-shirt because I am fast at it and do it perfectly. Some of them asked if I was a virgin before getting married. The were all surprised and told me, "Tahiti (that's how they call me), I respect you." They say, "You're a cool guy." I like the members of my flight. I realize that when I am at their service, I get less homesick and the days pass by very quickly.
I got an M-16 trainer weapon with no bullets inside. I am on guard duty for 2 hours mostly during the day. I was on guard duty twice from 2:30am to 4:30am. It was hard, but I did not sleep at all. I wake up every morning @ 4:30am doing PT and go to bed @ 21:00. During classes I get sleepy so I stand up and go in the back of the room to stay awake. BT is very hard. If you don't have discipline, it's not worth it.
On the 6th week, I get to go to a mini-deployment (B.E.A.S.T). Five days away from the dorm and sleep in tents. We will also apply war fighting skills in the field. I'm looking forward to this week.
I pray every night kneeling and I had a couple guys asking if I was praying. I responded to them affirmatively. Since then, some of these guys started to kneel down and pray as well. I am happy about it.
I have a hard time reading the BoM at night because I am so tired. But I do find time to pray. I'm in my 3rd week, and I still hate to eat at the dining facility (chow) when I only have probably 3-4 mins to eat. I can't stand when a MTI comes by the table and says, "Hydrate and get up!" Usually in the 3rd week you get to eat a little longer, but our MTI has an MTI trainee who is a "dick" at chow. I can't wait to get out of BT and enjoy my meals.
Anyhow, I can't wait to make out with you everytime I can when I see you, to hug you, to hug Jonah, Teva, Abby, and Kiki, to spend quality time with you all. That's a promise PROMISE.
I'll be yours forever,
Big Love, Hanny

No comments:

Post a Comment